How to Clean Office Furniture
How to Take Care of Office Furniture
Performance laminate surfaces will look great and stand up to years of use when properly cared for. Please follow these guidelines to avoid damaging laminate surfaces and/or affecting their durability:
- Do not expose laminate products to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not place hot pans or heat-producing appliances directly on laminate surfaces without a heat-resistant barrier.
- Do not cut directly on laminate surfaces without a cutting board or protective barrier.
- Do not use acidic or abrasive cleaners to clean laminate surfaces.
- Clean surface with a damp cloth and wipe dry in straight strokes using a soft cloth.
- For dusting use a non-oil-based furniture polish. Laminate will not absorb polish so wipe thoroughly after applying to avoid transfer to hands and clothing.
- To prevent polish build-up, clean laminate a few times a year using warm water and mild cleanser.
- Remove difficult stains using a mild cleanser and soft cloth.
- For stubborn stains, mix baking soda and water and lightly scrub the paste into the stain with a soft cloth. Avoid excessively hard scrubbing, especially on gloss finishes, as it may damage the surface.
- Wipe leather with lint-free microfiber cloth that is clean and dry.
- DO NOT USE furniture polish, window cleaner, cleaning solvent, oil, saddle soap, abrasives, or hard-bristle brushes
- To clean up liquid spills, soak up liquid with a clean, dry sponge or cloth.
- To clean stains, gently dab soiled area with microfiber cloth dipped in soap and water mixture (no detergent). Do not rub or scrub leather.
- After cleaning, wipe with a dry lint-free cloth.
- If leather comes in contact with oil or grease, clean up spill as above and then leave for a day or two. Leather will usually absorb the oils and spot will disappear.
Vinyl and Bonded Leather
- Use clean, lint-free microfiber cloth with soap and water to gently wipe away dust. Follow with dry, lint-free cloth.
- Use clean sponge to remove dirt and residue, scrubbing gently if necessary
- Vacuum off crumbs, dust, and dirt, then wipe mesh with soap and water using a clean cloth.
- Wipe surfaces with a clean, lint-free cloth using warm water and mild soap. Ammonia-based glass cleaners may also be used. Wipe dry with clean, lint-free dry cloth.
Chrome Bases and Frames
- Use clean cloth with warm, soapy water to clean chrome and prevent dust build-up.
- Clean regularly with a clean, soft cloth using mild soap and water, and follow with a dry cloth. Frequent cleaning will prevent build up of lint and debris from the floor that may affect proper function