1. COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
This website https://www.sourceofficefurniture.ca (the “Site”) is owned and provided by Source™ Office Furniture & Systems Ltd., a British Columbia corporation (“Source™”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). We are committed to maintaining the security and privacy of your personal information. This Policy documents our on-going commitment to you and has been developed in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, or any substantially similar provincial privacy legislation, if any, in the province in which you are located, such as British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act, SBC 2003, c 63 ("PIPA"), as such laws may be amended, superceded or replaced from time to time (“Applicable Privacy Laws”).
We are accountable and responsible for personal information under our control. We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. SCOPE OF POLICY
This Policy informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information (or personal data) about individuals outside Source™ with whom we interact, including but not limited to visitors to the Site, clients, vendors, service providers and other contacts (collectively, “you”), and the rights you have associated with such information.
Personal information includes any information about an individual from which the person can be identified. Personal information does not include information where the identity of the individual has been removed (anonymous data), information concerning corporate or commercial entities or information that is publicly available.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information including personal information as part of our business operation and in the provision of our services.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser type, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, location, device type, operating system, and cookies that are installed on your device (collectively, “Device Information”). As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products or services that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with our website (collectively, “Usage Information”).
We collect Device Information and Usage Information using cookies and other technologies. Please refer to the section entitled “Cookies Usage” for more information on the technologies that we use to collect Device Information and Usage Information.
We may also collect, use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so. You can enable or disable location services when you use the Site at any time by way of your device settings.
Additionally when you sign up for an account, subscribe to our newsletters, make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, or make a technical support request, we collect certain information directly from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information and email address, (collective, “Order Information”).
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately and will limit the collection of your personal information to what is reasonably necessary to provide our services and which is reasonably necessary for the purposes consented to by you. We may also collect information as authorized by Applicable Privacy Laws.
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and administer services requested and to use and disclose the information for any purpose related to the provision of requested services;
- to determine your potential needs and financial capabilities;
- to determine which products and services may meet your potential needs, which may include customized products, services and features;
- to authenticate your identity;
- to communicate with existing account holders including but not limited to responding to your questions or concerns, sending notifications and emails to you about products and our services, soliciting feedback from you about our services, sending you administrative information such as updates to this Policy, and if you have consented to receive such communications in electronic form, sending you newsletters, special offers and general information about certain products offered through our services, services and events that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the Site when you choose to do so;
- to improve the Site, monitor the usage of the Site, detect, prevent and address technical issues related to the Site;
- to protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our financial interests;
- to provide personal information to third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf;
- to collect debts owed to us;
- to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition or merger, the provision of security for a credit facility or the change of a carrier;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- to use anonymized or aggregated data for marketing purposes.
The purposes listed above are a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with us.
When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by Applicable Privacy Laws.
5. YOUR FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS
We may select and post customer testimonials, reviews and/or comments on the Site, which may contain information such as your name and/or the city, province or country in which you live. When submitting your testimonials, reviews or comments on the Site, you are giving us permission to post them on the Site and they will be available to other users of the Site. Your posting may also become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy or the law. If you would like us to remove your name, testimonial, review or comment from the Site, you may contact our Privacy Officer using the information provided in this Policy. Note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
6. COOKIES USAGE
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the proper function of a website, they enable basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Site;
- Preference Cookies. These cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the Site behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in;
- Statistics Cookies. These cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with the Site by collecting and reporting information anonymously; and
- Social Media Buttons. Some of the Site include social media buttons to promote our social media channels such as our Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook channels. These buttons work through pieces of code that come from the social media service providers. Cookies are placed using these codes which we have no influence on. To understand how these social media service providers collect, use and otherwise process your personal information via these cookies, please review their privacy policies at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
We also use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of the Site. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Such data are shared with other Google services. You can learn how to opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s privacy practices, please see Google Privacy & Terms at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google and Facebook, please review Google’s Privacy & Terms at: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en, and Facebook’s Data Privacy at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
- Google AdWords: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en. You can also download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout; and
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
We will obtain your consent to disclose your personal information except where we are authorized or required by applicable laws and regulations to do so without consent.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- third parties required to deliver and/or install a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered;
- relevant credit reporting agencies, government institutions and insurance providers to process the purchase, lease, or financing, of a product;
- third party promotions or loyalty programs, if you elect to participate;
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
- third parties that provide services to us, such as web hosting, data analytics, payment processing, IT services, customer service, delivery and similar processing activities;
- our business partners to help develop and market programs, products or services and present targeted content including targeted advertising; and
- other third party businesses (such as manufacturers that we deal with), if they are involved in the transaction you are engaged in, or if disclosure is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with a pricing quote and/or products and/or services that you have requested.
We may also share your personal information with the following companies, organizations or individuals outside of Source™ if we believe that disclosure of such information is necessary for legal reasons:
- to enforce applicable agreements that you have with Source™;
- to conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws;
- to detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests.
If we share your personal information with a third party, we will use our commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that they keep your information secure, take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and only use it in a manner consistent with this Policy and applicable laws and regulations.
You may request a representative list of the third parties to which we disclose your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer (see “INQUIRY AND QUESTIONS” section at the end).
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by applicable laws and regulations to do so without consent.
Your consent may be express or implied, or given through your authorized representative.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, or otherwise. For example, oral consent could be expressed over the telephone at the time information is being collected; electronically when submitting an agreement, application or other information; or in writing when signing an agreement or application form.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided reasonable written notice of withdrawal of consent is given by you to us. Upon receipt of your written notice, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal, which may include our inability to provide certain products or services for which the delivery of that information is a prerequisite.
9. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above and as authorized by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
We will keep personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information was required, to comply with any of our legal (including tax compliance) obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our contractual agreements.
Pursuant to the requirements of Applicable Privacy Laws, we will keep personal information that was used to make a decision affecting an individual for at least one year.
Usage Information will be retained for internal analysis purposes, to strengthen security, and to improve the functionality of the Site. We also use anonymized or aggregated Usage Data for marketing analysis purposes. This information will be destroyed once it is no longer necessary for these purposes.
We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
10. SAFEGUARDING & THIRD-PARTY SITE
We protect the personal information under our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
You should be aware that confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or wireless communication. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a breach of security or confidentiality when information is transmitted by e-mail or wireless communication.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is handled securely and in accordance with this Policy.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights regarding your personal information that is under our control:
Right to Access
You may request access to your personal information held by us. Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you with your personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used, sources that the information was collected from, and/or a description of the individuals and organization to whom such information has been disclosed.
We may charge a reasonable fee for providing the information in response to your request to cover our administrative costs and will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving your written access request.
We will make the information requested available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
Where an access request is refused in whole or in part, we will notify you in writing within 30 days of request, giving the reason for refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.
Right of Correction
We will comply with your request to correct incomplete or inaccurate parts of your personal information, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide us. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
12. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
The Site, and the features and functionality of the Site, may be provided using resources and servers located outside the country in which you live or to other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may perform functions on our behalf. Therefore, your personal information may be transferred, used, stored or otherwise processed outside the country where you access the Site. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information we collect in accordance with this Policy, regardless of where it is processed or stored. Such transfer is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. By allowing us to collect your personal information, you consent to such transfer and the processing thereof. While your personal information is located outside your home jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is retained.
We contractually require agents, service providers, and affiliates who may process personal information related to the Site to provide the same level of protections for personal information as required under the Policy. We currently only transfer personal information to a third party for use in accordance with the purposes outlined in this Policy.
13. CHILD PRIVACY
The Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, persons under the age of majority. If you are under the age of majority in your home country, please do not use the Site. If we are made aware that we have collected any personal information from a minor without parental consent, and are asked to erase such information from our database, we will do so without undue delay.
14. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Automated decision making takes place when our electronic systems process your personal information to make a decision about you without human intervention.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a legal or significant impact on you based solely on automated processing, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
15. DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
16. CHANGES TO POLICY
To keep pace with economic and technological changes, we may revise this Policy from time to time. We will inform you of any material changes via a prominent notice on the Site prior to the change coming into effect. The “Effective Date” at the top of this Policy will be updated with each amendment. We advise you to review this Policy from time to time for any changes.
17. INQUIRY AND QUESTIONS