How to Buy Office Tables
How to Buy Office Tables
Getting just the right size, colour, and type of office table for your space can seem like a challenging task. Buying office tables starts with the three Ps: personal taste, preference, and purpose. Then, no matter your style, there are some standard considerations when it comes to the how-to of table shopping. You must factor in:
- Space size (dimensions)
- Table use
- Technology requirements
Drawing it out as a visual is always useful. Read on to take even more of the guesswork out of table buying.
Types of Office Tables
When people think of office tables, conference room tables may instantly come to mind. While they are certainly important, there are various other tables that belong in an office environment.
- Bistro Tables: Useful in conference rooms, in staff rooms, or in casual common spaces as a small team’s meeting table or a standalone working area.
- End Tables: Complete any reception area.
- Folding Tables: Perfect for hosting events.
- Conference/Boardroom Tables
- Boat-Shaped Tables: Add a sight curve to your boardroom table, which is aesthetically pleasing
- V-style Tables: Good for companies that often video conference, as they allow all participants to be visible on the monitor.
Tables for Effective Conference Rooms
How Will You Use the Table?
- What types of meetings do you host?
- How many people attend your meetings?
- Do meetings consist of internal executives, or are they client meetings that may require a more high-end look?
- Are there other ways in which you use your boardroom table?
Decide if you want:
- A racetrack or a boat-shaped style table
- V-legs or a cube base
- If you want to mix and match finishes.
Consider the trends:
- The latest conference table trends include beveled edges (cut or shaped at an angle or slant), and v-legs or double brush metal legs.
- The tables in Source’s Elements series perfectly match up with these modern features.
- Video conferencing is simplified with tables that have power/data options and TV mounts.
- Bases are also a consideration in choosing a conference table depending on how much seating is required. Sometimes, legs get in the way, which why cube bases exist.
Still need help?
Source offers boardroom tables of all sizes. Whether you need to host 10 people, or more than 20, we have the right size for you. With multiple laminate finishes available, your company can design the perfect table for your office space. Browse our products online at Source.ca, or stop into one of our showroom locations across Canada.
Source also offers floor planning and design services to help you get the most out of your furniture. We use 2-dimensional drawings and 3-dimensional renderings to put your vision on paper. You’ll see the finished layout, complete with furniture before the first piece goes in. What are you waiting for? Let us help you create the perfect office.