How to Buy for Cubicles (Panel System)
How to Buy for Cubicles (Panel System)
When office cubicles first became popular, they were meant to be private work areas that conserved floor space. Eventually, they turned into a symbol of impersonal offices. Recent trends have leaned towards open-concept areas, but the lack of privacy and noise issues are once again making cubicles appealing.
The key to ensuring they work in today’s modern office is creating a hybrid arrangement that allows for collaboration and independence.
Why Cubicles Make Sense
- Partitioned walls create a quiet work environment that increases productivity.
- Private space allows each employee to showcase their unique personality.
- Higher cubicle walls block out visual noise.
- Employees benefit from privacy and security when dealing with confidential documents.
How to Make Cubicle-Buying Simple
Consider Layout. Depending on your office’s needs and function, certain cubicle layouts will work better than others.
- If your focus is noise reduction and privacy, fabric panels and higher cubicle walls may be the right solution.
- If you want to create an open office but maintain some privacy for employees, lower partitions and acrylic panels may work best.
- Our partition and panel systems from Performance, HON, and Tayco can be custom ordered.
Increase Safety. Clear panels and covers keep employees safe. These modular, flexible, and easy to move split screens also balance style and function.
- Instantly and effortlessly transform your office with the versatile, free-standing shields
- For something more permanent, go for the 24-inch plexiglass privacy panels.
Balance Cubicles and Collaboration. Having staff to work in personal workspaces is effective for individual tasks, yet group projects often need a shared vision and collaboration.
- In shared work areas, use the rolling mobile whiteboard/safety divider to divide your conference room into a fully purposeful workspace.
- You can also use plexiglass acrylic freestanding screens as conference room table dividers.
Go for Dividers and Wall Systems. When work space is at a premium, you need to make the most of the available room. That’s where space dividers and wall systems really shine. Utilize them to create practical work areas. Compact configurations enhance the efficiency of your office without sacrificing the efficiency of your people.
The Right Cubicle Furniture
The Perfect Chair: When selecting cubicle chairs, consider the size of your cubicles.
- Armless chairs are ideal for conserving space if you have a smaller work environment.
- Source’s Comformatic Tilt Seat and Back Chair, or the Lovan Mesh Task Chair, are great options.
- Many of Source’s office chairs come with ergonomic features such as back height adjustment, tilt lock mechanisms, and seat sliders. This allows employees to customize their chair for optimized support and comfort.
Super Storage Solutions: Source’s storage solutions of all sizes ensure a perfect fit in any space.
- Our locking double door office cabinets and Performance Elements personal two drawer cabinets are fitting selections.
- Classic locking mobile boxes/file pedestals are flexible, with the option to roll them under most work surfaces.
Desk Options: Increasingly, people are addressing the negative effects of sitting for long periods of time. Height adjustable desks are an ideal way to alternate between sitting and standing throughout the day. They come in two choices.
- A crank adjustable standing desk, which manually adjusts height.
- An electric height adjustable desk, with a programmable memory system to save height settings.
- Source also has a wide selection of standard office desks that suit cubicles.
Space Planning Solutions
Configuring cubicles can be daunting. Fortunately, Source offers complimentary space planning and design services to help your business find the right cubicle arrangement for your office.
Visit our website to learn more about space planning and explore our wide range of products to create a functional cubicle layout that works for you.